I have always been fascinated with the layers within an individual. From childhood, I preferred to swim deep, then to remain in the shallow waters, both figuratively and literally.
The duality of a person, the contrast of being light and dark within themselves, being strong whilst vulnerable, to show their contrary or harmonious layers, to paint this, is my temporary truth. There is isolation in my compositions with the figure being solitary, yet the subject is oftentimes interconnected with the complexity of the environment or the simplicity of the negative space around them. Like the seasons, we shift constantly from one state of being to another throughout our lives. Painting expresses this need to dive within myself and feeds this need to explore and express those waters.
“Keeper of the Grove”
“Collecting the Muse”
“Old Bones, New Season”
- 2021- “AIRE”, Group Exhibition, Federation Gallery, Vancouver, Canada
- 2021 – “Liminal”, Group Group Exhibition, Verum Ultimum Art Gallery, Portland, OR
- 2020 – “A Generous Kingdom V”, Group Exhibition, Verum Ultimum Art Gallery, Portland, OR
- 2020 – “AIRE”, Federation Gallery, Vancouver, Canada
- 2020 – Group Exhibition: Sugarhouse Art Walk, Utah
- 2015 – Group Show: Hein Academy of Art